Loading...

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Maybe i am a GTD-person, or not

Well, for the record, i've always considered myself as quite tidy. I really like systems that can solve those messy problems with...the mess, really. The Problem, though, is that i often seem to be seriously slow when it comes to actually getting started making those fab systems. Well, thats a problem. No start, no system. So what is making me say i'm a getting-things-done-person?

As mentioned, i really like systems, or really the idea of systems that can do some of my daily routine and ease some of my burdens. Heres the erea where my creativity awakens. I actually stribe alot to search for solutions that can be put in to work in some meaningfull way, for me that is.
I have tried so many of them. Some solutions i've used for some time, then removed them. Others i've tried once then removed right away. And some i'm still using. One of them is a Gmail-organizing system that has one single goal: To make my inbox empty for as long as possible.
The point is to make only the mail that really matters to me stay in the inbox, while all the other less important are automaticly labeled and archieved. Spammail are marked as spam and ends up in the spam-section, and other mail you won't need anymore but can't make stop are given a filter which deletes dem right away.
This solution has been developed over the years, and i thought i was pretty much alone with such an intense system. But then i read an article at DownloadSquad that presented just about the same solutions (of course with modifications) that i use. The auther also mentioned that he also thought he was alone with his type of system.

Anyway, the point is, will my system make me a GTD-person or am i just some lazy guy that rather uses alot of time to make his day easier. Well, i think both are a right answers. Though, i'm not a GTD-person in every sense of the 'words', i'm also not a complete lazy-ass. GTD-persons use solutions to get things done and i do the same. Dosen't that make me a GTD?

- Leif -

0 comments: